Thursday, July 16, 2009

Braveheart My Ass...Try Brave Wife...



Brendan is watching Braveheart again...AGAIN. Don't get me wrong...it's a great movie and all...epic...really...but AGAIN???

There are movies that he watches incessantly...over and over...and over.

Die Hard ( #1 through Never Gonna Die...I think that is #64)
Lethal Weapon ( If Mel Gibson goes agro on my screen one more time...)
Old School (Yeah it was funny...the 1st ten times)
Indiana Jones ( And The Temple Of Suck) oooohh...he might divorce me for that one !!!
U5279HQ (or whatever...it has Weird Al in it...nuff said)
Yeah, they're all good movies...except the Weird Al one (I never actually sat through that...just can't do it...). But seriously...do men in general ever get enough...do they have to do everything til the point of blacking out?

Okay...so I watched Twilight like 30 times when it came out. That's different. I was practicing for the slight possibility that there may be a quiz later on...and this kind of thing really matters in the grander scheme of things.

I don't make Brendan watch The Color Purple (it has Oprah at her finest). He doesn't sit through repetitive screenings of Beaches (or my assured tears).
7 Brides for 7 Brothers...anyone...anyone? (Great friggin' movie...I mean...um...musical) I only made him watch Pride and Prejudice a couple dozen times...and again...that was for practical purposes. He needed to bone up on his...uh...ballroom etiquette...yeah...and his piano forte. (He's coming along quite nicely)

So...our movie preferences are mismatched...like our taste in food, and music, and genital scratching habits. But...as long as he keeps me company through the important things (like Project Runway and So You Think You Can Dance) I will sit by his side through yet another painful 175 minute Mel Gibson flick with a big and loving and very very brave....HEART.

That's All For Now,
Brandi

No comments: